Gustav Klimt Skateboard Triptych - Musart on Decks - The Kiss (1907-1908)
Part of Musart Boutique’s original collection Musart on Decks comes this exclusive limited edition of 100 Gustav Klimt Skateboard Triptych featuring the Vienna Secessionist's best known work The Kiss (1907-1908). The Kiss depicts a couple locked in an embrace, located in an indeterminate and ambiguous place and time. The viewer is only able to see of the embracing couple, segments of their bodies and virtually nothing of the man’s face so as to emphasis the engulfing nature of this intimate and passionate moment. Aside from the figures, the rest of the canvas dissolves into shimmering, extravagant yet flat patterning. Klimt’s ties with the art nouveau movement are reflected in the patterning of the figures, which in itself reflects the visual conflict between two and three-dimensionality associated with other modernist artists like Edgar Degas. In The Kiss, the patterning also signifies gender contrasts – rectangles for the man’s garment, circles for the woman’ s. Yet the patterning also unites the two lovers into a single formal entity underscoring their erotic union. Scholars believe the kiss represents Klimt and his long-time friend Emilie Flöge, a member of the Viennese bohemian and fin-de-siècle circles. In the words of the poet Friedrich Schiller’s famous Ode to Joy: “Joy, thou gleaming spark divine… This kiss to the whole world!” Bringing together tradition and contemporary culture, Musart Boutique is proud to present our exclusive original collection Musart on Decks featuring limited edition skateboard decks, displaying art historical timeless masterpieces which bridge the traditional history of art and contemporary skateboarding culture at accessible prices.
More details on Gustav Klimt Skateboard Triptych The Kiss (1907-1908):
- Musart on Decks, The Kiss (1907-1908), Triptych Limited edition of 100, Skateboard Deck Sets
- Material: 100% Canadian/American Maple wood.
- Measurements Mellow Concave Skateboard set of 3: (Angles) Approx. 19.25º nose and 18.5º tail with a medium center concave. (Dimensions) 32″H x 8″L x 0.5″W Inches (est.)
- Weight: 8.14 lbs (est)
- Additional Features: Includes Skateboard Deck Display wall mounts.
- Photo Credit: Klimt, Gustav (1862-1918). The Kiss. 1907-1908. Oil on canvas, 180 x 180 cm. Österreichische Galerie im Belvedere. Erich Lessing / Art Resource, NY.