Paint by Numbers Kit - The Wave - Hokusai
About Paint by Numbers Kit - The Wave - Hokusai
Let the artistry of the ages wash over you like The Great Wave, a force of nature and fine art! With each numbered stroke of the brush, you can follow in the footsteps of the great Hokusai and recreate this iconic work of Japanese art with this fun, easy-to-use kit by Today is Art Day.
This kit includes:
- 8 in x 10 in (20.32 cm x 25.4 cm) preprinted canvas artist board
- 8 numbered acrylic paint pots (3 ml / 0.10 fl. oz each, non-toxic, odorless, environmentally-friendly)
- 2 paint brushes (model 2/0 & 3, made of birchwood & gold-plated aluminum tube)
- 1 line reference sheet
- 1 color reference card
Other supplies needed (not included):
- Bowl of clean water - Use to rinse the brush between colors.
- Paper towel or cloth - Use to blot excess water off the brush.
- Make sure the paint lids are tightly closed, then shake them.
- When starting, a rinse the dry paint brush in a bowl of water then blot it on a paper towel or cloth.
- Dip the tip of the brush into the paint color and brush it into the areas marked with that color’s number. Do NOT dilute the paints, apply them directly on the canvas.
- When switching colors, rinse the brush clean and blot it on a paper towel or cloth. Never allow paint to dry on the brush.
- Prevent smudges by starting at the top of the canvas so that the drying paint stays above your hand.
- Begin with the largest area to familiarize yourself with the brush control.
- Start with lighter colors and then move on to darker colors. That way, if you make a mistake, you can easily cover over light colors with dark colors.
- Allow each section to dry completely before starting the next.
- When you’re not painting or if you paint slowly, close the caps on the paint pots to prevent paint from drying out.
- If you use the wrong color by accident, simply wait until the paint dries and reapply the correct color.
- If the paint does not completely cover the numbers and lines on the canvas, simply paint the area again until everything is covered.
- Have fun and let your creativity flow!
Reminder: Children must be supervised at all times when they paint.
Original artwork shown. Results may vary. Please retain packaging for further reference.