The Skateroom x Jean-Michel Basquiat - Skateboard Triptych Skull (1981)
Bringing together tradition and contemporary culture, this Jean-Michel Basquiat Skateboard Triptych features a reproduction of Basquiat's work Skull (1981). This piece, which remained untitled, but many still refer to simply as "Skull", is likely inspired by this key moment in his history. It was created in 1981 when Basquiat was merely twenty and is an example of Basquiat's early canvas-based work. This piece was created using acrylic and mixed media, including crayon, on canvas. Skull depicts both inside and outside dimensions of a head, existing between life and death.
This exclusive and limited edition set of three skate decks made in collaboration between The Skateroom and The Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat mixes the energies of underground culture and legendary artists. The Skateroom is a platform for promoting, selling and producing art on skateboards that supports youth-empowering organizations. More details on Jean-Michel Basquiat – Skateboard Triptych Skull (1981):
- Dimensions (Individual Decks): 31″ H x 8″ W
- Material: 7-ply Canadian Maple Wood
- Includes printed Basquiat signature on top
- Each deck comes with a fixture – ready to be mounted on your wall
- Wheels and trucks are not included
- © The Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat.