Galison - Andy Warhol's Time Capsule Kit
About Andy Warhol Time Capsule Kit
In 1974 the prominent 20th-century Pop artist Andy Warhol used 610 boxes as time capsules to store some of his personal belongings and sent them to a storage. This exclusive Galison Warhol Time Capsule Kit gives you the perfect opportunity to create your own time capsule! Our Galison Warhol Time Capsule Kit includes stickers, postcards commemorating Andy Warhol's legacy and his works to include along with your most treasured memories to reminisce upon in years from now. Appropriating images from popular culture, Warhol created many paintings that remain icons of 20th-century art, such as his paintings of Campbell’s Soup Cans and Marilyn Monroe. Warhol’s art was a mirror of his time, which is reflected in the mass media images he used in his art to confront aspects of American culture. Warhol said “If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface: of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There’s nothing behind it.” While his work speaks eloquently of the concerns and issues of its moment, it also has a universality and conceptual power that transcends any particular period of artistic movement. Galison Warhol Time Capsule Kit includes:
- Booklet with Andy Warhol history/info
- Andy Warhol photo booth strips, postcards, letterhead
- Matchbox-style boxes, film canisters, envelopes, and page protectors for storing your own treasures.
- Hang tags with elastics for tagging your personal objects - Sheet of label stickers.
- Stickers with Warhol art to decorate box and Sticker seal reading ""Do not open until...""