Katsushika Hokusai Skateboard Triptych - Musart on Decks - The Great Wave off Kanagawa (1829-1832)
Bringing together tradition and contemporary culture, Musart Boutique is proud to present our exclusive original collection Musart on Decks featuring limited edition skateboard decks, displaying art historical timeless masterpieces which bridge the traditional history of art and contemporary skateboarding culture at accessible prices. This original Katsushika Hokusai Skateboard Triptych displays the influential Edo-period Japanese artist's iconic woodblock print The Great Wave off Kanagawa (1829-1832) part of his series Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji. The Great Wave off Kanagawa, also known as The Great Wave or simply The Wave, is a woodblock print. It is the first in a series of prints titled “Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji”, published between 1831 and 1833. This series of prints is characterized by the significant use of Prussian blue, a new color fashionable in the 1830s, and by the occasional use of Western techniques for representing perspective. Figures and objects were depicted according to their importance, and not according to their actual size, proximity or distance. These series earned him fame in Japan and overseas.
- Musart on Decks, The Great Wave off Kanagawa (1829-1832), Triptych Limited edition of 100, Skateboard Deck Sets
- Material: 100% Canadian/American Maple wood.
- Measurements Mellow Concave Skateboard set of 3: (Angles) Approx. 19.25º nose and 18.5º tail with a medium center concave. (Dimensions) 32″H x 8″L x 0.5″W Inches (est.)
- Weight: 8.14 lbs (est)
- Additional Features: Includes Skateboard Deck Display wall mounts.
- Photo Credits: Katsushika Hokusai (1760-1849). 36 Views of Mount Fuji, 1825. The great wave off the coast of Kanagawa. Color woodblock print. Scala / Art Resource, NY